- April 5th, 2012
- Write comment
Scheduled Time: Monday, April 16 – 6:15 – 8:15pm
Building/Room: Vancouver Convention Centre, Second Level – East Room 8&15
- Welcome and Apologies
- Chair’s Report
- Program Chair’s Report
- Secretary/Treasurer’s Report
- Papers/specific matters for discussion
- Draft database (Chris)
- “Red Estrado” conference, Chile, summer 2012 (Jill)
- Draft of SIG award for Ed D/Ph D dissertation (Chris)
- SIG @ AERA 2013 – Connecting with local unions in San Francisco? Any other suggestions?
- Other Business
1. Invited speaker: Susan Lambert, President, BCTF: (a) the current education/labour situation in BC; (b) report about the pre-AERA session hosted by the IDEA network and BCTF
- Invited Panel: The Changing International Context for Public Sector Unions
Teacher union leaders and researchers from Australia, Canada, England and Mexico will discuss how the context for teacher unions has changed in their educational jurisdiction and how teacher unions in each jurisdiction have responded to the changes.
- Jeff Garsed, Research Officer, Australian Education Union-Tas Branch
- Myles Ellis, Acting Deputy Secretary General, Canadian Teacher’s Federation
- Howard Stevenson, Professor, University of Lincoln
- Maria de la Luz Arriaga Lemus, Professor, Faculty of Economics, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- Mary Compton, Past President, National Union of Teachers
Session Chair: Cindy Rottman, University of Manitoba
At the conclusion of the meeting please join us for dinner and a sampling of the local micro-brews!